Saturday, August 28, 2010

CLOUDS, beautiful and sometimes scarrrrrrry!!!!!!!!

OK, this morning Rob left for work (yes on Saturday, poor guy). He called home just after he left and said "You have to go out and look at the clouds!" I went out and didn't know if I should be scared or excited at the clouds. I LOVE clouds and love to take pictures of them! These were so different than most clouds we see around here. Of course I had to call our next door neighbors and have them step out to look. They are from the south and I was hoping could tell me not to worry about a pending TORNADO!!!!
This California girl is very afraid of tornadoes. I'm not sure where my intense fear started. Maybe watching "The Wizard of Oz" as a child. I didn't like the movie (tooo scary) but I stayed in the family room with the family because I was MORE afraid to be anywhere in the house by myself!  I'd squeeze in behind my mom and the back of the couch so when all the scary things happened in the movie, I could squish behind mom and she'd shield me from the Wicked Witch of the West and those very creepy flying monkeys! Really, that isn't a movie for a small child or a childish grown up woman!

4 comments:

Nana Laurie said...

Today's weather is amazing and not your usual August for California ... especially since we had the hottest day of tehsummer just two days ago!

Liz said...

Great pictures. According to the weather people, summer should be returning by the end of the week.

hanpool1 said...

Take it from someone from Arkansas...those COULD VERY WELL BE FUNNEL CLOUDS, sure looks it.

Kate said...

That looks so amazing! I wish we had been there to see it! Thanks for sharing the great pictures!

Family

Family
Love my family

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List