Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The "F" word..............







Yes my little grand daughter said the "F" word in public! Now I know what you're thinking and you're wrong! Not THAT "F" word but the word FAT. Let me explain. When my children were little in our house the "F" word was "Fat". We have "fluffy" people in our family so I have always been sensitive to children teasing and calling others "fat" (the "F" word). There that's the explanation!!
Andrea was working and I had Rebekah. Andrea asked if we'd bring her lunch so after a fun time at the park (aren't the pictures cute), we went and got sandwiches. Rebekah wanted to see what was happening behind the counter so I picked her up so she could watch the sandwiches being made.
Rebekah so innocently turned around and looked at me with the cutest smile on her face and said "She's fat". I thought I'd heard wrong and said "Yes she is fast!" (please be what she said) Rebekah looked up and said "No she's fat" I wanted to crawl in a hole anywhere. Just get me OUT OF THERE!
She didn't know she'd said anything rude, just a little baby speaking her mind. No harm intended at all. I felt so sorry for the gal, but I couldn't even look at her. I do love the innocence of children and I do love that baby and as she puts it... I love you gobs and bunches and bubbles and bubbles. That's how much she loves me and I her!

6 comments:

Nana Laurie said...

Maybe she really said "Phat" which means really cool.

mhanberg said...

OK, I'll accept that! So much better than FAT!!

Lindy Leigh said...

LOL! When Angel was little she took Brad's mom's face in her hands and said "Grandma Joy, you have fat cheeks" I turned red then purple then I fainted.

mhanberg said...

you really fainted?????

Jennifer Skinner said...

Yesterday at church after a lady passed by Madie asked me, "Why does that lady look like a boy?". Then after we left you house we saw an older lady and Madie leaned in close to her and asked, "Why does your face look like that?".

Cringe!

mhanberg said...

why do I think it's so much funnier when things like that happen to other people! I laughed so hard at what Maddie said cause I can see her lean forward and ask the question! just glad it was with you and not me!

Family

Family
Love my family

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List