My mom lives in Utah now. I like that she is closer to me (she use to live in Arkansas near my sis Deb). After my dad passed away (we all miss him terribly) she was lonely, re-married and is going on with life, as she should.
We kids love her and appreciate all her and dad did for us. They raised us with great values. We have all grown up to be pretty good adults. I know no one is perfect but mom and dad did a good job with us. They sacrificed time and money. Mom and Dad used all they had and all the skills they had to do the best job they could.
Now as a parent of adult children I can understand what they went through. Rob and I's children have been so much easier to raise than we were for our parents. Nana and Poppa were and are examples to me as to how I will love my grandchildren. None of Nana and Poppas grandchildren can wonder if they loved them. Those who were blessed to know them very well and those who didn't get the time with them, ALL know they were loved by them.
Our children were blessed to know them well. They were over at Nana & Poppas all the time. Ian would call from their house and ask “What are we having for dinner?” If Nana was making something better (and she usually was) he’d say “I’m eating here tonight”. They’d play cards with Poppa and Marcie would go over to Nanas and recite recipes that she “made up”. Nana never seemed to get tired of it (I’d send her over to “share” with Nana). Nana and Poppa were always interested in what their grandkids were doing. It was always about the grandkids.
I love my dad and miss him. I love my mom and love knowing she’s a phone call away. Thanks for being wonderful parents and forgiving me my shortcomings.
This picture was taken this last Friday at my moms.
We kids love her and appreciate all her and dad did for us. They raised us with great values. We have all grown up to be pretty good adults. I know no one is perfect but mom and dad did a good job with us. They sacrificed time and money. Mom and Dad used all they had and all the skills they had to do the best job they could.
Now as a parent of adult children I can understand what they went through. Rob and I's children have been so much easier to raise than we were for our parents. Nana and Poppa were and are examples to me as to how I will love my grandchildren. None of Nana and Poppas grandchildren can wonder if they loved them. Those who were blessed to know them very well and those who didn't get the time with them, ALL know they were loved by them.
Our children were blessed to know them well. They were over at Nana & Poppas all the time. Ian would call from their house and ask “What are we having for dinner?” If Nana was making something better (and she usually was) he’d say “I’m eating here tonight”. They’d play cards with Poppa and Marcie would go over to Nanas and recite recipes that she “made up”. Nana never seemed to get tired of it (I’d send her over to “share” with Nana). Nana and Poppa were always interested in what their grandkids were doing. It was always about the grandkids.
I love my dad and miss him. I love my mom and love knowing she’s a phone call away. Thanks for being wonderful parents and forgiving me my shortcomings.
This picture was taken this last Friday at my moms.
2 comments:
What a nice entry. Does your mom read your blog? I think she'll love this.
Yep! We set her up this last week when we were in Utah. She LOVES to see blogs AND Ian set her up with a Facebook account.
Post a Comment