Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tyler, Brittney and Utah (MH)






























____________________________________________________________
This past weekend Rob and I flew to Utah so we could see Tyler McGee marry a sweet young woman! Tyler is Robs cousin Randy's youngest son and last child to marry.
The wedding was nice. They were sealed (married) in the Draper Temple. Tyler looked so handsome and Brittney was beautiful. It's hard to believe Tyler could actually have a wife! He will always be our little Tyler!
Ian picked us up at the little airport and we used one of his cars. Thanks Ian! I needed to have some Ian time. I miss him! He does drive me crazy but in a good way. I did give him hugs from Laurie (she's a second mom to all my kids) and I think he likes the attention. We keep track of him on facebook, even though he must think we are too nosey! It's the mothering in us that MAKES us!
Friday night we went to Kim and Cindys (cousins) house and sat, relaxed and just visited. It was so nice. We all need more time to just visit.
Saturday we went to lunch with Randy and Sandy up Emigrant Canyon at Ruths restaurant. We had a good lunch and a great visit. At Ruths, they give you HUGE biscuits that fill you up before they even give you your lunch. After lunch we said good bye. The McGees were on their way back to Washington to rest up and get ready for a reception.
Randy and Sandys children are close with our children. They have always just been close to each other. We loved it because we liked to spend time with Randy and Sandy.
We decided to get going back home later in the day and not stay and return home on Sunday. I really wanted to wait and go home Sunday, but Rob REALLY felt we needed to go home Saturday. He was right (don't tell him I said THAT!).
We met Ian at his work, waited for him to get off and drove to his house to drop off is truck. We drove off to the airport to go home. Kim, Cindy and their extremely sweet daughter Ciera, met us at the airport to go for a spin in the plane. I think Ciera was excited to fly and as excited as she was, her mom was just as not excited to let her daughter go.
Ciera and Rob lifted off. Cindy was cute. She wanted her daughter to have this experience, however, the mom in her that wants her baby girl to be safe fought her desire to give her some freedom. Well Cindy AND Ciera won. They both went for a ride AND Rob treated them to ailiron rolls. Kim went after the girls. He didn’t seem nervous. Maybe he was, but I couldn’t tell.
We said our good byes after everyone had had a ride and were off for home. By the time we got to Tahoe just before the sun had set. It was a bit scary to me as we flew over the Sierras because I couldn’t see a good place to land. It only took 15 minutes and we were over the mountains on the way to Livermore. We landed about 9:30pm and were driving to Brentwood. Nice to be in our own bed fast asleep.

2 comments:

Nana Laurie said...

And it was good to see you this morning. (Ian should be used to all of the moms in his life!)

Kate said...

It sounds like you had a fun trip!!! Those little girls with their flowers are so cute! Glad you guys are back safe and sound!

Family

Family
Love my family

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List