Thursday, June 25, 2009

The wild things....












No I'm not talking about Rebekah! Andrea and I did take her to the Alexander Lyndsay Museum and there is where the wild things are! It was fun to see Rebekah take in all the sights there.

The wild birds there are beautiful. Owls, a golden eagle, a bald eagle and a raven. She watched the bobcat eat his lunch. YUK! He had mice hidden all over in his area. They put them in boxes (the mice not the bobcat :) and he has to rip open the boxes to get to them. Then he very quickly munches them down. It was amazing to watch him sniff out those mice.

Rebekah wanted to see the turtle and then we saw some snakes!Yikes! She even petted one! NOT ME! I thought for sure she'd balk once the snake was in front of her. She's like her mom and wasn't fazed by the snake. I also thought she'd be afraid cause the day before she was talking to Grumpa and he told her how much he didn't like snakes and that they were yukky!

When Sean, Kate and Ellie-Jane come home in August I hope we get to go to the Sacramento Zoo! That's our plan for now! I know Rebekah and Ellie would love to see the animals there.

If you have time to go to the Lyndsay Museum please do. It's very small and a great place for little ones. 1931 1st Ave in Walnut Creek. It's $7.00 for adults and $5.00 for children 2 and up.

2 comments:

Heather said...

i wish we had brought a lunch or snack to eat in that amazing park right next to the museum. i'm glad you guys went.

Nana Laurie said...

I think we will check out the Lindsey next week. Looks like the spot for an excellant adventure. I enjoyed the visit yesterday and my beautiful surprise. Thansk.

Family

Family
Love my family

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List