Monday, June 15, 2009

Sewing for Grand Daughters :)


The other day Andrea made me the cutest bag. You can see it on her facebook page. She gave me the pattern so Rebekah and I went to the fabric store and picked out some material so I could sew one for her and Ellie.

I made Rebekahs the other day (oops I didn't get pictures) and she just loves it. She calls it her church bag!

I had cut Ellies out the same day but didn't sew it. This morning I decided to get it done. I have to be in the mood to sew or things just don't go well. Today was an OK sewing day! I decided to add pockets in Ellies. I wanted to put them in Rebekahs but my pea brain just couldn't do it that day.

Even though I used the same material I did mix it up a bit with each bag. Ellies has green trim and Rebekahs has purple. I think they are so cute!

I hope Ellie enjoys her "church bag"!

Maybe one day I can take both girls shopping for material or other fun stuff!

6 comments:

Heather said...

cute bag, you're so talented

Nana Laurie said...

I want one!
Someday Ellie is going to be big enough to come out and spend a week with you by herself.

mhanberg said...

Rob and I can't wait till we can have all the grand kids here for a summer week!!

Kate said...

Ellie is going to love the bag! She is very into purses and bags right now! It is SO cute!!!

Lindy Leigh said...

Aren't you glad we invented fabric with patterns?

Very cute darn it all...now I have to make 2.

mhanberg said...

It's OK Lindy, I invented the sewing machine to help make this project go so much faster than sewing by hand!
Without your inspiration I would have never thought of this great invention! Thanks! :)

Family

Family
Love my family

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List