

Saturday morning Rebekah, Andrea and I went to the Farmers Market to look at the produce. We parked along the streets of old town. In front of the car was this very old tree. It had a large hole in it and Rebekah needed to see inside! Her mommy held her up so she could take a peek! Not much in there but it was exciting for her to find out!
It was fun to see all the vendors and what they had for sale. We sampled home made truffles and green olive tapenade, yum! Rebekah was given a blackberry and she held it in her mouth until we got home! It was all squishy and yuk when she spit it into her moms hand! Moms are good for that kinda stuff! Before she was given the blackberry she did sample cherries.
The other picture is of Rebekah using trainer chopsticks! She was very good at using them! We went to a new restaurant in town. It's a Japanese steak house. You know like Benihanas where they get all fancy with the knives and pop shrimp tails into their hats! Our guy made a volcano with some onion rings then caught it on fire with the fire shooting out the top. Rebekah loved it, but the food did NOT love any of us.
We went to gelato after and by the time our treat was eaten, we ALL had to go home because our stomachs were, well not feeling good at all! I can assure you we won't be going back to that place! Entertainment can only go so far.
Sure wish I could use the trainer chopsticks and not look like a dork! Even though dinner didn't agree with our tummies, we did have fun. Jonathan sat next to me and I enjoyed watching him learn to use chopsticks! I must admit we did laugh at him (well it was funny)! Reminded me of my learning experiences with chopsticks. He actually caught on very fast!
For Memorial Day Rob and I worked around the house and the yard. Rob did a ton of stuff outside. He installed the outside speakers so now I can listen to music when I'm doing yard work! YEA!!
I cleaned in the house but kept going outside to see if I could get in Robs way! Given the choice, I'd much prefer outside work to inside work ANY DAY! After we were "done" we drove to a market a few miles away and bought some shrimp, scallops and artichokes to bbq. The market is an Asian Market with lots of unusual things, along with the unusual smells that come with like markets. I happen to enjoy going there looking at things I have no idea how to use or where they are from and even what they are!
We bought ingredients to make a tomitillo salsa. Oh it was so good on the shrimp and scallops. So fresh and light with the right amount of cilantro, garlic, lemon and spices. Then the bbq'd artichokes were soooo good! Rob is the BEST bbq'r ever!
We did reflect on Memorial Day and the purpose of the day. As we were thinking about the individuals who gave the ultimate sacrifice, I thought of the parents, sisters, brothers, wives etc.. who have had to bear the burden of lost loved ones. It's not just the service men and women lost, but the families, children, who have had to go on. We thank them all. We as Americans are obligated to stand up for our rights and vote. We have freedoms we all take for granted and let's not let those freedoms go by the way side. Remember those who have sacrificed the ultimate sacrifice for us! ME AND YOU! Don't be afraid to stand for correct principles.
I am proud to be and American
1 comment:
It sounds like you had fun!
We still hope that you will come visit sometime this summer!
I hope your leg is feeling better!
Post a Comment