Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Just the usual

I haven't posted in a while. Just the usual life going on. Nothing exciting or unusual. We are enjoying the good weather. Wish summer was in the high seventies ALL the way through. I know that won't happen :).

We had a nice Mothers Day on Sunday. Rob made me breakfast (and we all know he's a great cook) yummy. It was his birthday as well so I thought him fixing ME breakfast was even more wonderful.

It was very relaxing day. We went to Oakley Ward for sacrament mtg and to see baby Abby named and blessed. She's a beautiful little thing. We love that Skinner family. Three beautiful babies that we love to spend time with. Well Jennifer and Nathan as well :). Then went to our own ward. (Rob and I get a lot of church :) :)

Poor Marcie was sick and was going to fix Rob and I dinner. We ended up doing it. Marcie had made a macaroni salad the day before so dinner was easy. She's still fighting a cold poor thing.

Later that evening Rebekah came over with her parents and we had a yummy cake with strawberries. Sang Rob happy b-day and visited. I think we are blessed to have a least one grand child close to us so we can visit often. We talked to Ellie-Jane on Skype and her parents. She's a sweetie that baby. And growing so fast. I love Skype. Not sure what I'd do if I couldn't "see" Ellie learn to walk and laugh etc... Technology is a wonderful thing. They might be out in August (oh I hope so) and it will be fun to see our grand daughters play together.

Last night as we was slumbering away Rob and I were awoke with the terrible howling and screatching of coyotes! Tigg usually sleeps in a dog crate in our room, but with the nice weather we started letting her stay out. It startled us so bad. Rob and I jumped out of bed and ran to the back door. Those awful coyotes were at the back gate wanting to get our Tiggy dog! I know they are looking for a tasty meal. Poor Tigg isn't smart enough to know what they want.

We've had them bother her before. Last year one of the coyotes grabbed Tigg by her paw trying to pull her out from under the gate! Luckly it didn't do a lot of damage, just a small tear in her paw. The howl of a coyote is just scary, creepy and awful but the high pitched yipping is the worst of all. Hope they don't come back.

2 comments:

Jennifer Skinner said...

We love you guys too!!!

Nana Laurie said...

I hope Marcie didn't get sick from my "cooking" Saturday night.
And I'm surprised the coyotes still get that close to your place with all the houses!

Family

Family
Love my family

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List