


The kids were over and they colored eggs. It was cute to see them excited about this project. It's fun to have little ones here enjoying the different holiday traditions. With our children grown (for a long time now) we have been out of this fun stage in life.
Grand kids (that includes the Skinner kids :) are the best. I wish Ellie could have been here to join us. I know she wouldn't have understood the activity but I would have enjoyed watching her. Maybe next year!
The smiles are priceless. The kids also had a ball chasing one another and pushing each other in the laundry basket. Do you remember doing that? Simple fun. No electronics or expensive toys, just each other and fun made up games. I hope they will always be content with simple fun.
I have noticed over the years how children's choice of play has turned into expensive toys parents feel obligated to buy. Imagination is not part of many children's everyday fun. How sad for those children.
Maybe us grandparents and the new parents of today need to take a step back and go back to yesterday for the sake of our children. Come on, lets do it!!!!!
2 comments:
You are so much fun!!! What cute pictures!!!
My girlies have had the laundry baskets for 3 days. They ride in them and put their blankies and pillows in them to watch TV in.
We just play with rocks, boxes and sticks at Villa Seeno.
Post a Comment