I took the camera out in the backyard to try and see what I could find interesting. Seems we have lots of fun things to take pics of!
I LOVE the pumpkins! So fun watching them GROW. I did't actually sit out there and "watch" but went out often to see them get bigger and BIGGER! Then change to October orange!
And the chickens....LOVE them. The CA Quake has named two of the four. Pudding and Flower. Our Texas Tornado is in the process of naming the other two. I have been so protective the the chickens. I haven't let them out to roam for fear Big Earl the cat would take one down or maybe a hawk would get one. Rob let them out the other day and I didn't know it. They survived! Now I have had the courage to let them out each morning and they LOVE it! Thanks Rob!! Love you too!!
We have lots of flowers in the back. Hybiscus, Lantana, Butterflybush, Hotlips (no not me!) and others. We have a huge bumblebee who loves the hotlips and also the potato vine. I caught him buzzing around the hotlips. He was cute to watch. I was so caught up taking his picture, when I came out from behind the camera I was shocked to see how close I was to him. Yikes!
I tried to get a few butterflies pictures but those darn things....every time I went click, they had taken off. I'll have to try another time.
7 comments:
It's like you have a farm!! You know I have NEVER been in your backyard. Ever.
Heather....it sounds so much better than it looks! I grow weeds the very best! Nice BIG healthy weeds. lol
Great photos ... By the way, this should have been on your other post but a friend at work grew carrots and brought in a carrot souffle she made that was soooo good. It made me want to grow some carrots.
Laurie: A carrot souffle? Hmmm...maybe I could try that! Yum!
You're quite the photographer! I'm tying to catch up on friend blogs :0) I spend a LOT of time in my yard now...growing weeds is my forte too! Keeping them at bay is not easy.
Lindy you are WAY TOOOO kind! I did have fun taking the pictures though! I keep saying I need to take a class and I just don't do it!
Great pictures! I wish I had your gardening abilities. I can grow weeds but they aren't all that healthy;)
Post a Comment