Monday, June 27, 2011

Chicks=Fun at Grumpa & Geema's

Awhile back Rob made a comment that he was thinkin about getting chickens. He actually said it more than once so.... I went to get a tire fixed (hmmm how do tires and chicks mix?)
and next to the tire shop that our friends own, they also have a feed store (yes the connection!!). They had the cutest little chicks that were chirp chirping at me. I went over and OHHH how sweet those babies were!
Rob's comments about getting chicks ran through my mind and it sounded like a great idea to follow through with HIS idea!! I spoke with Tommy,the store owner and wonderful family friend. I told him we didn't have a chicken coop! He said that by the time they were ready to be in a coop, Rob could have one ready! That's all it took and we were owners of 4 adorable little golden bantum chickies!
I have been feeding and holding them, talking to them and just enjoying watching them grow! It's crazy how fast they have gone from tiny little fuzz balls to chickens! Our grandbabies have enjoyed them. I can't wait until the Ca Quake, Texas Tornado and Little Quake can come over and collect eggs! I thought I got them for us but I know we really got them for the little girls. Scrambled eggs on the way!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nana Laurie said...

I love Tommy's faith in Rob to get that coop built! You need to have him order you the ones that lay blue eggs. The girls will love those.

Heather said...

how fun! i keep telling matthew we need to get a goat, duck and rabbit (just because they're so cute). I don't think we will be getting them any time soon.

Family

Family
Love my family

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List