Thursday, September 30, 2010

Journey to the Aquarium











Wednesday bright and early off we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I don't think we thought it would be quite the adventure it was. Not that anything unusual happened, just we didn't think it would be an ALL DAY adventure! I left home at 7:30am thinking I'd pick up the Texas Tornado and her mommy by 8, get to the aquarium by 10, have fun, eat lunch go back for more and leave for home by 2 or 3 and get home at least by 6pm.
Well that's not exactly how it went. Kinda but in s l o w motion! The Ca Quake and the little Quake along with their mommy met us there. We,had fun walking along looking touching and smelling our way through this beautiful and wonderous place. The girls touched star fish, ocean slugs (not me) and seaweed. They saw sharks, penguins, otters, jelly fish, seahorses, sea dragons, flamingos and tons more! We walked and walked and looked and looked. The girls sat under a HUGE glass overhang and a simulated current rushed over the top of them!
I packed a lunch for us so we walked back the the car to get it then walked to a nice place by the beach with public tables and relaxed with our lunch. There was a few very pesky seagulls who so wanted to snatch the girls food from them. It was kinda creepy to have the seagulls stalk the girls, just waiting for one of them to drop a crumb or two OR grab it from them.
What a beautiful day even though I got home soooo late. By the time I showered, brushed my teeth and climbed into bed it was 11:30pm! Thew...........

4 comments:

Liz said...

Heather, Andrew, and I visited the aquarium last year but we spent the night and then visited it in the morning. There was a lot to see and it was packed.

Nana Laurie said...

We loved the seahorses and the otters the best when we went last fall but we spent the night in Milpitas. You were brave to deal with traffic at that time of day.

Heather said...

Even though it was a long day it looked like fun to me! I love the aquarium. Maybe because most of it is inside with ac. Glad you had fun and made it home safe.

Lindy Leigh said...

:) You are having way too much fun with those little people!

Family

Family
Love my family

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List