Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pickled Carrots








We had a nice crop of carrots from the garden this year. We ate them (lots of them) and wanted to preserve some. I really didn't want to just can them because really when was the last time you bought a can of carrots? I know they are there on the shelf in the grocery store but canned carrots?
Rob loves pickled things. We pickled our garden beets and they are yummy. Rob suggested I pickle the carrots and that's just what I did! It was fun!
Our whole house smells like sweet vinegar. I had to run to the store while Rob watched them in the hot water bath. As I was in the store I could smell ME! I was walkin around smellin like pickled carrots! I wonder what people thought of this lady who smells of pickled carrots?
This winter I look forward to opening a can of either pickled beets or carrots and know that they have nothing but healthy stuff in them No preservatives, just good stuff! AND look at those Jars! NICE!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nana Laurie said...

You're lucky you didn't have bunnies following you home!

Lindy Leigh said...

LOL Laurie!

I love pickled carrots AND I love pickled asparagus...we like to put garlic and jalapeno peppers in with them too! It gives just a little kick.

Heather said...

I've never had pickled carrots.

Family

Family
Love my family

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List