This has been a wonderful weekend. As our family gets more "mature" and grows we find it harder and harder to get together all at once. Well this weekend we were blessed to have it happen. Ian and his girlfriend Marie flew in on Thursday night. Friday we packed a lunch and spent half the day in the City! It was cold at the beginning and sorta warmed up. The little girls loved the sea lions at Pier 39. We watched a street show, looked at all the interesting people, rode the carousel(well Rebekah did, Ellie thought it was toooo scary). They really enjoyed riding the escalator up over and over. Free entertainment!
Marcie, Ian and Marie stayed in the city for more site seeing while we all went home. The babies needed naps and so did we!
Saturday Rob took Marie and Ian flying. Marie liked the rolls in the plane! It was scary at first. Well like we All know that it's scary until you really do it! Be adventurous, it's good for ya once in a while!
In the afternoon we ALL went bowling! Rob tried to find a reason to stay home! Didn't work though! And he did have FUN. Loved watching the little girls bowl! They loved it.
When we were finished with bowling we all came home and had a delicious dinner. Slow smoked pork, green salad, french bread, corn on the cob.....yummy. Then smores for dessert. Matthew and Andrew came over for smores. Rob had us all together and talked to us about prayer. He is an awesome husband. How the heck did I find that man? We did take some casual picture of the family. Our Kate is a wonderful(and our Sean as well) photographer! I am always so impressed with her talents.
Families are precious. We all need to do what ever we can to keep them together and close to our hearts! I love my family. We are blessed to have truly wonderful children and grand children. On Saturday as we were all together I thought about what we were doing 33 years previously. Being sealed for time and ALL eternity in the Oakland Temple. Then 33 years later we have four grown and wonderful children, the best son in law and daughter in law and 3 most wonderful grand daughters. We do have a blessed life. Not that it''s easy but we can't deny the blessing our Heavenly Father has given us.
6 comments:
What a beautiful family :)
What could be better than having them all together!
Nothing, nothing at all. They are the best!!!!
oh and thank YOU!!!
I am so glad you had this weekend together and I hope it's not too long before you can repeat it!!!!
I wish I had the energy to have been there. I love s'mores!
So glad you got to have all your family together for the weekend. And that we Matthew, Andrew and I were able to be there for Leah's blessing. I think that ward was the loudest it's ever been, no thanks to Andrew.
Sean actually took most of the family shots! I just played around a little at the end.
It was fun to all be together! Thanks for a GREAT weekend!!!!
Post a Comment