May 6th I flew out to Texas to spend time with my Texas Tornado while her parents packed up their home. Her daddy is done with classes so they sold their home to get ready for the next step in their little families adventures. There were a few glitches and some stressful days but they did get things done. I was able to be a little helpful, but wished I could have done a LOT more.
Really I enjoyed my time there. Our sweet little grand baby was a joy to be around. I love her very much (gobs and bunches and bubbles and bubbles). I read to her a lot because books are important to her. She picks one out (and she does have LOTS of books) then backs up to sit on my lap and we read. Sometimes she wants each page read as she turns the pages and looks at each page as if she is soaking up what each page has for her to see. Other times we "speed read" as she slips the pages past quickly, sometimes many pages go by at once. Her mommy is a school teacher and has a fun collection and variety of reading options.
Our Texas Tornado is partial to a particular Sesame Street character. She could spot him ANYWHERE! It's so cute to watch her play with all her toys and see her imagination at play.
After a week of visiting I had to go. I wanted to take her with me! This summer we will have time to spend with her. It will be so joyful for her grandparents!
General Comments!
-
Hey everyone. This is a spot for anyone to leave general comments for me,
without attaching them to a specific blog entry.
6 years ago
2 comments:
I love reading with the girls...they have such a love for boos too...she is one lucky little girl to have YOU for a grandma :)
or books...not boos ;)
Post a Comment