Saturday morning I had to be up early to get my mom to the airport. She has been in Cali for 2 weeks visiting. First week she was at my sisters and this week here with us. I love my mom and feel blessed to have had her here. I think we might have tired her out with all the going here and there although I know she loved being here and especially to be here when her newest great grandbaby was born!
After I dropped her off at the airport (YES I did get her a wheelchair!) I met Marcie at Mels Diner and we had breakfast. An order of biscuits and gravy, Yummy! It was nice to sit with Marcie and chat. We ordered a breakfast for Andrea and went to the hospital to feed her and of course cuddle the baby. We were there for a few hours. That baby smells sooo wonderful.
I left the hospital and went to Target, picked up some stuff to drop off at Andrea and Jonathans. I picked up Rebekah and took her home. By now it's about 1pm and we still have to go pick cherries, make jam, get 2 birthday presents, get Rebekah ready for a double birthday party, bathe her and take her home to her mommy and daddy.
We went to pick cherries. NOT a smart thing to do this weekend! Since I had told Rebekah that we would pick cherries, I had to follow through, uggg. Oh well, I did find an orchard that wasn't super super packed with "pickers". We got through the hordes of people, took our bucket and went to pick cherries. Rebekah LOVED it. By the time we got home it was after 3 and I still had to get to the store for the presents, get home, fix Rebekahs hair, then get off to the party. (as you can see there was no time for cherry jam). Marcie had two friends who were going to pick cherries as well and help make jam. They drove past the hordes of "pickers' and just kept driving! Hmmm I don't know why I don't think of myself as a "picker"? It was crazy out there today.
Off to the party. Rebekah loved playing with Madie and Jarrod! She had a busy time playing. She drank two big glasses of rootbeer ate a hot dog and played and played. When we got home she had to have a bath! Her little feet here dirty. It's the fun kind of dirty from taking off your shoes, running and playing. Even her knees needed a scrub! Bath time is so fun. We dried her off and lotioned her up. She smelled so good.
Rebekah was ready to go home(sorta) and see her baby sister. We took grumpa with us so he could see the baby. He's not a newborn kinda guy. He enjoys them when he can interact with them, not hold them as they move in slow motion. It was sweet to see him holding her though.
4 comments:
We're so glad you guys could come to the party! Sounds like you had a crazy day and we're happy you could squeeze us in.
You are not a family we "squeeze in"! You are a "must see" family!!
Wow! Busy non stop day! But it sounds like a fun one.
Can't wait to see Leah.
(And if you're local, you're not a "picker")
Post a Comment