This Christmas season has been filled with giggling, squealing, and laughter! That's what happens when you mix a 3 year old and 19 month old together in one house. Rob and I have been blessed beyond any words to have our family together at this time of year and especially the grand daughters. What joy to our hearts they bring.
A trip to the park brought the girls together holding hands, swinging and loving each other. They "shared" their toys with some guidance :), it was such fun to watch. Running and laughing, playing ring-around-the-rosie, twirling and falling down together in a happy pile on the ground!
Having our children here was great. All 8 of us (+ 2 grand children) sitting around the table enjoying one another. I know this won't happen every year so we will soak up the times and keep them to be brought back to mind when we miss them.
When the Texas kids go back, we will be back to SKYPE to get our Ellie fix. I'm NOT complaining at all, I LOVE SKYPE and it's better than nothing. Although nothing is better than up front and in person!!!!!!
Grumpa had the wonderful experience to have Ellie on his lap watching "airplanes" on his computer! She can say airplane and it is adorable! We sat and read to her, played puzzles, and play cooked! Sang itzy bitzy spider, pop corn popping and a few "songs" GeeMa just made up just for Ellie! Like....on our way to GeeMas house! That is something my dad use to do and I thought he was so silly! Now I am continuing the tradition even if it means I'm silly!! I have done this for Rebekah. She thinks it's "normal GeeMa behavior" so please don't tell her OR Ellie it's not normal please!! Maybe they will do the same for their children and grand children?? I sure hope so!
This holiday time is slipping away so fast. As we were driving home tonight from a friends house I was looking at the Christmas lights flash by. I was sad inside that in a few weeks they will all be gone and the world will be a little less bright outside! Then I watched a utube video from lds.org about taking the "mas" out of The Spirit of Christmas and bring Christ into our hearts all year long with "The Spirit of Christ. Now the lights will be shinning all year long if only in my heart!
2010 is just upon us. Can you believe another year has gone by. We will have a new grandchild in 2010! What a joyous time for Andrea and Jonathans little family. The second week in January they will find out if it's a boy or girl. I guess they will IF the baby cooperates! Hmmmm......boy or girl???? what do you all think??? My guess is girl. No particular reason, just think that!
Please all have a safe and happy new year! I hope it bring everyone all the happiness and love they are looking for!
A trip to the park brought the girls together holding hands, swinging and loving each other. They "shared" their toys with some guidance :), it was such fun to watch. Running and laughing, playing ring-around-the-rosie, twirling and falling down together in a happy pile on the ground!
Having our children here was great. All 8 of us (+ 2 grand children) sitting around the table enjoying one another. I know this won't happen every year so we will soak up the times and keep them to be brought back to mind when we miss them.
When the Texas kids go back, we will be back to SKYPE to get our Ellie fix. I'm NOT complaining at all, I LOVE SKYPE and it's better than nothing. Although nothing is better than up front and in person!!!!!!
Grumpa had the wonderful experience to have Ellie on his lap watching "airplanes" on his computer! She can say airplane and it is adorable! We sat and read to her, played puzzles, and play cooked! Sang itzy bitzy spider, pop corn popping and a few "songs" GeeMa just made up just for Ellie! Like....on our way to GeeMas house! That is something my dad use to do and I thought he was so silly! Now I am continuing the tradition even if it means I'm silly!! I have done this for Rebekah. She thinks it's "normal GeeMa behavior" so please don't tell her OR Ellie it's not normal please!! Maybe they will do the same for their children and grand children?? I sure hope so!
This holiday time is slipping away so fast. As we were driving home tonight from a friends house I was looking at the Christmas lights flash by. I was sad inside that in a few weeks they will all be gone and the world will be a little less bright outside! Then I watched a utube video from lds.org about taking the "mas" out of The Spirit of Christmas and bring Christ into our hearts all year long with "The Spirit of Christ. Now the lights will be shinning all year long if only in my heart!
2010 is just upon us. Can you believe another year has gone by. We will have a new grandchild in 2010! What a joyous time for Andrea and Jonathans little family. The second week in January they will find out if it's a boy or girl. I guess they will IF the baby cooperates! Hmmmm......boy or girl???? what do you all think??? My guess is girl. No particular reason, just think that!
Please all have a safe and happy new year! I hope it bring everyone all the happiness and love they are looking for!
No comments:
Post a Comment