Monday, November 16, 2009

Thanksgiving, almost here, Christmas around the corner


Every year I think I will be ready for Christmas before Thanksgiving and every year I fail :(. This year I just want to be ready a week before Christmas. Maybe this will be do-able? For the last few years I haven't even sent out Christmas cards. Maybe I put to much pressure on myself? I want to relax and give service instead of running around in all the traffic getting frustrated about what to get everyone. Christmas IS about the birth of our Savior. That's what I want to focus on and I will. I want our grandchildren to see how their Grumpa and GeeMa show love for our Savior. We hope to be good examples to all our grandbabies and are excited to have them all home in December.
As our children's families grow it will be harder for us to all be together at the same time. I decided way before our children started getting married that I wouldn't get all weird about when and where they all spent the holidays. It can be hard at times but life is just not "fair" all the time. It's more important to spend time with them and whether its Christmas morning OR the day before, what matters is the time we do have with them!! I hope you all remind if you hear me whine! Tell me to read my own blog and what I wrote about NOT whining!! lol
I have been sewing some things for the granddaughters. It’s been so much fun! I will post pics after Christmas because I want things to be a surprise! I am NOT a seamstress by any stretch of the word, but I do like to sew when I'm in the mood. Homemade gifts are so nice to give. I do worry about whether they will like what I make but 3 year old and 18 month olds actually are pretty easy to please! We are blessed to have two very beautiful granddaughters! When we look at them it's just crazy to believe they are our sweet grandbabies! (and one on the way)
This is a wonderful time of the year to be around family and friends. Let's all enjoy one another and remember to thank Heavenly Father for all he has given us! I love my family so very much. I appreciate them and thank them for their patience and love. I am thankful for good friends and hope I can be a good friend. I do have great examples of friends who always are there! Thank you!
I am thankful for a warm home to live and a country that is free. Let's all work hard to keep it that way! Don't take freedom for granted! I have a wonderful husband. He makes me laugh! Tonight at dinner we spent half the time laughing at each other! It was great fun!! I love that man!
I am so blessed to have a faith that takes me in a heavenly direction. I know I have glitches now and then but I do want to live a more Christ like life. I am humbled by the atonement and what that means in my life. Wow, the love and compassion our Savior has for us is awe inspiring!
Remember to tell your family you love them and you are thankful for them this Thanksgiving! I do love my family! Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!!!

So Thanksgiving is almost here and Christmas is really just around the corner!!!

1 comment:

Lindy Leigh said...

That was very sweet...thanks for sharing. :)

Family

Family
Love my family

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List