Thursday, October 29, 2009

Tiggy dog for Halloween

When Andrea asked Rebekah what she wanted to be for Halloween, she said a Tiggy dog! If you know us, you know who Tigg is and understand what a Tiggy dog is! (our dog Tigg). Andrea asked if I'd sew the costume. Of course I agreed BUT only if she cut it out. I really don't like cutting out patterns at all!
It's been a long time since I have sewn anything with a pattern. I put the machine on the dining room table and went at the project. I have to admit I had a few "problems". If I'd pay attention I could have avoided both of the mistakes I made. I guess I shouldn't admit I even made a mistake or two. Thank goodness Andrea was willing to rip out the problem so I could start over.
All in all it was fun. I made the head first and when Rebekah saw it finished, she was SO excited. We had to try it on her so you can imagine how hard it was to get her to remove it! Andrea wanted her to be excited at the Trunk or Treat we were taking her to at their ward building that evening.
For those who don't know what Trunk of Treating is.....in the parking lot at the church, people back into the parking spots, open their trunks (some decorate really cute), and sit there as the children walk up and say trick or treat (or trunk or treat). They have games going on like the donut eating on a string, or musical dots! There was a "haunted house", a beanbag toss game and more. Tons of people show up for hotdogs and trick or treating Fun along with visiting and enjoying all the adorable children dressed up.
Rebekah has a little friend from church and they were so sweet together. They held hand as they ran back and forth around the parking lot. What a fun evening. Oh, Grumpa stayed home! Too much excitement for him I guess! lol


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kate said...

Nice job on the costume!!! Rebekah looks great!

Nana Laurie said...

She looks just like Tigg! You did a great job. I feel so sad that we didn't do trunk or treat this year. It is the first time in almost 20 years we haven't done it (yes I'm counting the years we were B2).
:(

Heather said...

Insanely cute costume. You're so talented. Maybe I see a sewing activity in our relief society's future. Just kidding

Lindy Leigh said...

You did a great job! She sure is a pretty Tigg :)

Family

Family
Love my family

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List