
I went the Oakland Airport last Tuesday to pick up Sean, Kate and Ellie. They will be in CA most of August. They were supposed to go to Kates parents first but they both had the flu. Yuck!! So we got to have them (I’m terrible at sharing. You’d of thought I’d been taught this in kindergarten. NOT) So while I was so sad that Grana and Tibu had the flu, I was secretly glad (not a secret now) that we got to have them last week. Now don’t get me wrong. I don’t wish the flu on ANYONE.
The thought of Ellie being in CA and me not seeing her was awful. Isn’t it funny what grandchildren do to us? If I was in charge of my grand children, I’m sure no one would be able to stand them. I would give them anything they wanted and let them do whatever they wanted (of course safety in mind at all times :).
While they were here we went to a cute little park across the track and down the street. It’s the Caboose Park. Made just for little people like Ellie and Rebekah. When the trees mature in the park it will be even better. Ellie had a wonderful time at the park. Kate took her over to the sand area and Ellie was down in the sand. She pushed her little hands deep into the sand and rolled on her tummy. We went to Target to see if we could find a bucket and shovel but it’s too late in the summer to find anything.
I call Ellie the Texas Tornado! She is FAST!! It’s amazing to watch her get to where SHE wants to go. She is in a hurry all the time. Her little legs get going and I think her mind has to catch up with them! Her eyes are amazing! They are so blue. I am compelled to look at pictures of her blue eyes and Rebekahs brown eyes. These two together are the California Quake (Rebekah) and the Texas Tornado (Ellie). No tellin what mischief they will get in to together!
Our neighbors Jo & Harold are the BEST! They are so good to us and let us share our grand children with them. They let Rebekah go over and pick strawberries, peas, and tomatoes. We went over to show Ellie off. Harold pulled out his guitar and played for her. I love the pic of Sean, Ellie and Harold. It's a perfect example of the love they have for everone. Ellie seemed to enjoy it.
We are going to the Sacramento Zoo on Wednesday with the girls and I am very excited for this day to come! I’ll share that later!
1 comment:
What a great post! That little Ellie has really grown! And so cute!!!
You look great too!
Have fun at the zoo!
Post a Comment