Today is Read Across America day! I read a book (the quick version) Buzz Buzz, Busy Bees to our granddaughter who lives far far away in the BIG stake of Texas. Yes I read her a book here in California while she was sitting on her mommies lap all the way in Texas! We used SKYPE and it was so fun!
Our daughter-in-law is very good at keeping Ellie busy with different activities like: Feb: 12th National Pancake Day
14th Valentine's Day
21st National Sticky Bun Day
23rd National Banana Bread Day
March: 2nd Read Across America Day
So her Grana and her GeeMa here in California were blessed to each read her a book. For a baby I thought her attention span was very good. I'm not a great storybook reader but I think Ellie likes the bzzzzzz of the bees. I had to shorten it (skipped some pages) so we (me) wouldn't bore her too much.
Ellie has a mind of her own and as we watch her grow and develop, it is truly a miracle. She knows just what she wants. She is quick to smile and can get to just about anywhere she wants. You can see the brightness in her eyes and the joy on her face.
We are thankful to Heavenly Father for the blessing of granddaughters and children (that includes son and daughter-in-laws). Family is the greatest blessing of all. Thanks again Kate for a wonderful start to my day!!
General Comments!
-
Hey everyone. This is a spot for anyone to leave general comments for me,
without attaching them to a specific blog entry.
6 years ago
2 comments:
I am so glad you got to be a part of the day. Ellie loves to hear your voice and see your face. Thanks for reading to her!
ANY TIME ! ! !
Post a Comment