Oh my I have tons of them. Any book about horses and I read it (if the library had it). All the way to school on the bus (about an hour each way) and home you would see me reading a book. I didn't associate with all the kids so much on the bus. They were LOUD so I immersed myself in books to block it all out!
1. Black Stallion (loved Walter Farley books)
2 Charlotte's Web (oh i loved this little book)
3. The Borrowers (imagination at work)
4. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (classic)
5. Little House in the Big Woods (loved all Laura Ingalls Wilders)
6. Old Yeller (loved the book but not the movie)
7. The Secret Garden (I want a secret garden IF I had a gardener)
8. Misty of Chincoteague (read this many times)
9. Justin Morgan Had a Horse (Oh how I wanted a horse)
10. Black Beauty (really wanted a horse)
11.Call of the Wild by Jack London (loved this book)
12.Pippi Longstocking (I loved her personality)
13.The Boxcar Children (loved this too)
14.Little Women (and this)
15.Anne of Green Gables (One of my favorites)
16.Heidi (wanted to go to the Alps)
17. AND MANY MORE..........
General Comments!
-
Hey everyone. This is a spot for anyone to leave general comments for me,
without attaching them to a specific blog entry.
6 years ago
4 comments:
Misty is still very popular among the girls. It's rarely on the shelf in my library. But no one can every pronounce the rest of the title.
Funny you should say that...I was going to say something about not knowing how the heck to pronounce that! I watched a documentary on the ponies and they said how it was pronounced but I can't remember that for anything!!
www.chincoteague.com/pony/ponies.html
Nice to know little girls still love that book! As I said, I read it many times!
Hey Lindy,
We're waiting for your favorites, you too Heather!!
Post a Comment