Thursday, December 25, 2008

We had a Merry Christmas
















With all the kids here and two grand babies, we had a very happy day! It was sweet to watch the babies open their presents! Ellie was happy with the paper and boxes. She did get excited when she saw the fabric stacker her Aunt Andrea made! Ellie loves anything with a tag and her stacker is covered with them! She gave her giraffe a big hug and chewed on his nose. She would have LOVED it if we put her in the middle of the room so she could get into all the bits and pieces of paper and stuff on the floor! Not a particularly safe place for a baby.
Ellie seems to have a great big smile on her face all of the time! When she wakes up she is especially happy! She will come into the room looking around at everyone and all smiles!
When Rebekah walked into the house and saw her tricycle under the tree she immediately ran over to it and said "MY BIKE"! I was surprised at how excited she was with it. She is at an age where she knows there are surprises in wrapped packages. The only bad part about that is she thinks ALL packages are hers. That would be why she unwrapped 5 packages that were in Grumpa and GeeMas room the other day! She did have a great time this year! I layed down to "help" her take a nap today. I fell asleep but not her! She smacked me in the face to "wake up GeeMa"!! Not a very successful nap for her!
Marcie had a friend come with her that doesn't have family around. I hope we didn't bore him to much. Because we are all about food, I'm sure he didn't leave very hungry. (probably way full).

We are grateful our out of state kids could be here. We got Ian here with the help of a friend who works for United. Thanks Scott! Sean, Kate and Ellie are here, thanks to our credit card miles! Any way to get them all here. I think as their families get bigger it will be harder to have everyone together so we need to enjoy the time we do have together!

I loved ALL my presents this year (like always). Marcie really surprised me and put a bunch of songs on a CD that had been on a tape that my mom had recorded many years ago. I was expecting pictures and when it started to play I just started bawling! It brought back my childhood and listening to Mom sit in our room at night singing and playing her guitar. Mom sure can sing. When Dad was home listening to her I can remember his toe tapping to her beautiful voice. He thought she was the best ever (and she is). Thanks Mom for those times. I love you!

I'm excited to use my new LaCrusete pan the Clark's gave me! Panini's tomorrow YUM! And then my calendar from the Hanbergs.....with birthday and anniversaries WOW did I need that. Then to make it even better, pictures of the people I love the most. Thank you kids for everything.

And then my sweetheart who knows me so well. A GPS for the "lost wife". No excuses now! I should never get lost! And the towel warmer! You might think that's an odd gift but we have always talked about getting one. I'm excited to take a shower tonight and have a nice warm towel waiting! YES!

So Christmas this year was so very nice. We are blessed with a wonderful family. I am thankful for the birth of the Savior and his life here on earth. I am thankful for the many sweet friends we have. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and please have a safe and happy new year.

4 comments:

Nana Laurie said...

Andrew loves the tissue paper and the gift bags the best! Did you ever imagine 20 years ago when we were chasing our kids that we would be grandmas some day?

mhanberg said...

I don't think our brains could have EVEN gone there! Way to busy with our own babies.
Isn't being a grandma fun though? Even when they rub body cream ALL OVER your bedspread and you have to wash it twice! Still funny!!!
If it was MY child, I would have been so mad! Grandma and Grandpa brains are so much nicer!

Lindy Leigh said...

What a great Christmas for you! I love reading your posts :)

I have a towel warmer...it's my dryer!!!!!!

Lindy Leigh said...

Oh...and you need to send me Panini recipe's...

Family

Family
Love my family

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List