Monday, January 11, 2010

2010, what will it bring?

Now the holidays are all past and it is quiet here at Geema and Grumpas. No laughing little girls running around asking to go "outside" or to the park. No crumbs on the kitchen floor or sippy cups on the counter waiting to be put in the dishwasher. Can they come back and stay longer? We are happy to have Rebekah so close! She's Geemas little helper.

I spoke to Sean today. They are all safe at home and settled from their l o n g vacation. Ellie was happy to be home. Sean said she ran around the house saying home, home, home. I bet when she lays in her own bed she will be happy! Back to her normal routine and her playmates. Darn we do miss her.

I wish I had taken more pictures. I need to remember that having too many pics is never a problem. More pictures from now on!

2010 is a new year with who knows whats in store for us. We do know we will have a new grandchild in May. That's exciting. A new little girl added to our family. More pink and girly things. Jonathan will really be surrounded by girls! Lucky him! Andrea will be very busy with two children. Potty training is in full swing so this year Andrea will stop changing diapers for about a month or two and will resume again for the next two to three years.

Ian is in school to finish his degree so 2010 will be busy for him. He's working AND going to school! Yikes! Sean will graduate with a Masters and be looking for a job. Kate will have her hands full packing AND keeping an eye on our Ellie girl! Marcie will be busy at work with more responsibilities added to her plate! She has a goal to pay her car off this year and she is almost there! Yea for her!

Rob and I plan on visiting Grandma at the beginning of 2010. She just had her 102 birthday so we realllllllly want to see her. She's an inspiration to me. I have told her many time that I'd like to grow up to be happy just like her! 102 and happy with a wit that will surprise most! I know Rob and I would like to take some trips in the plane. A visit to Sean and Kate's would be nice. A trip out for his graduation is a must. Maybe to help them pack up as well? It would be fun to get to Utah to see my mom and Ian. We also have lots of other family there that we love and would like to see. I hope that happens as well.

Our family is wonderful. How did we not only get four really great children of our own but a son-in-law and daughter-in-law that are the best? Rob must be living right!

We have a LONG list of the best friends ever as well. This year I hope we have opportunities to spend time with them. We are thankful for such good friends.

Well as I think about it, 2010 will be GREAT YEAR. I will focus on all the positive and try not to dwell on the things that keep me awake at night. We are truly blessed.

4 comments:

Nana Laurie said...

Rob must be living right because he has YOU! We all are better for having you in our lives. Happy New Year!

Lindy Leigh said...

I am very blessed to have you as a friend :) and you do have great kids!

Kate said...

We miss being there too! Thanks for the fun trip!

Kate said...

You guys should come visit us during Sean's Spring break in March!

Family

Family
Love my family

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List